Monday, January 22, 2007

A Night to Remember

Last night I was about to turn on my computer and begin to write about my misery...my arch-enemy - The New England Patriots. I was discouraged to the depths of total despair. It was 21-3, my favorite player: Peyton Manning had just thrown a touchdown pass to the wrong team. It was a familiar sight. I had hope, but very, very little. We made a nice drive to end the 1st half 21-6. I did the math: If we score a touchdown, we'll be down one score...then maybe.

We scored the touchdown...hope returned...When we made a defensive stop...hope was bright...when we tied the game on a 2 point conversion, I was hysterical.

The greatest game I have ever seen, and believe me I have seen more games than most. I have been a Peyton manning fan since he took over for Todd Helton as a Freshman @ the University of Tennessee. I bleed orange...not just any orange. Tennessee Vol Orange. In Tennessee, there are three people you need to know: Elvis Presley, Davy Crockett and Peyton Manning.

As a High School Quarterback He was the guy myself and everyone else wanted to be like. So Last night, when Peyton finally won the Big Game, that leads to the BIGGEST game, it was like we all won...It was a Night to Remember!!