Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Miracles

It has been an interesting 12 months for my family. One year ago we lost a baby due to a miscarriage. It was a difficult and emotional time, that would only get worse as I would lose my job just a couple of weeks later. Furthermore, I couldn't find a job on a church staff, or anywhere for that matter.

The church that had just laid me off had asked me to commit to be on staff there for 5 years, so Julie and I bought a house in the peak of the real estate boom - and I was let go when things had bottomed out. Long story short, my house was worth about $45,000 LESS than what I paid for it when we needed to move for me to work.

So we moved back home to live with family, all the while it took 6 months for my house just to rent. Financially, emotionally, and spiritually we were suffering.

The past few months have dealt us some personal, non-blogable trials. God has been good, but the road has been rough - not as rough as some, but hard for us.

Then some good news came a couple of months ago as my wife was pregnant again. We had still been hoping to have a baby, so we were thrilled. This good news quickly turned to pain as she had yet another miscarriage - 2 in one year now.

For 5 weeks Julie has been terribly sick - constantly nauseous, throwing up, dizzy etc. We had no idea what was wrong. So nervously she went to the doctor yesterday.

I have been speaking at the Senior Leadership Retreat for Grace Christian Academy in Knoxville, so I wasn't able to be there, adding to mine and her anxiety over the diagnosis.

Yesterday we got the diagnosis: She is still pregnant! Apparently there must have been twins, and one was lost, but miraculously the other survived and is a healthy little growing child.

God is so HUGE. Good is so Good. Here is a picture of our unborn child: